1. Cut construction paper lengthwise (9″ long) in the following widths, in alternating colors: 3″, 2-3/4″, 2-1/2″, 2-1/4″, 2″, 1-3/4″, 1-1/2″, 1-1/4″, and 1″.
2. Take the widest piece and adhere mounting tape across the center. Take 8″ of ribbon, fold, and place on the mounting tape.
4. Take the second widest piece and adhere mounting tape across the center.
5. Roll. Repeat for all pieces, going from widest, until you’ve rolled the second last piece.
6. When you get to the narrowest piece, place the mounting tape directly on the center of the ornament, and cut it about 3/4″ from where you began. Place double sided tape where the seams will meet. This will ensure the final seam is flat, and not raised.
7. Roll the final piece only once around and cut at the seam.
8. Take a long strip of construction paper at 1/8″ wide and quill (roll) until you get curls and cut at random lengths. Dip the quilled strips in glue and apply across the ornament